Thursday, October 23, 2014

I Think I Care More For Animals Than People

So.. the other night I had to rush my sweet fur baby to the Emergency Vet in the middle of the night because he started throwing up blood.  It started off one day with my other fur baby.  He had a bad case of diarrhea.  I called the vet to see his opinion on what to do and he mentioned to have him fast for a day but to give him pepto bismol.  Shortly after  my other dog got diarrhea.  So then I started giving him pepto as well every 4-6 hours.   Then one night, my first dog seemed to be doing better.  We gave him a bland diet of rice and egg, and of course he devoured it.   Then later that evening he puked it all up, which I figured was normal if he was already not feeling well.  Then more puking followed and I noticed blood in it.  That freaked me out.  So I immediately called the vet to see what to do, they told me to bring him in right away.   We rushed him to the Emergency Vet Hospital.

 When we got there, my mom saw a dog that was taken into a room where you could sorta see the forms of body's but couldn't see detail.  The dog was laying on the floor and you could tell the woman was crying.  We knew instantly that the dog was being put down and I started balling my eyes out.   If it were a human I'd be sad, but for some reason because it was an animal, I felt so much worse for the family.  Dogs and all pets are like our best friends.  They are always happy to see you and when they are no longer with us, you feel a void in your life.  It was then that I realized I think I care more about animals than I do people.  Maybe it's because they can't be explained what's going on or maybe I just love animals so much I just wish they could live forever.  Whatever the case, I feel so sorry for them sometimes.  Just as I felt sorry for my sweet fur babies when they were not feeling well and there wasn't anything I could do.

 They ended up giving my sweet baby fluids which they injected into his back.  It made a huge, cold to the touch, bubble on his back which slowly went through his body to hydrate him. 
 It was the craziest thing I've ever seen.

They also gave him two other shots.  One to help with nausea, and one to act like a pepcid ac.   So far today he has been a trooper, and does have an appetite, although we aren't supposed to give him food till this evening.  He's been running around, looks happy, just sleepy.   I just want him to feel better and be his normal self again.he night just hours before taking

Here are a few videos I made with my fur babies the same night (before) we took my white/black pup to the vet.


1. Grubbing

2. Pepto



3. Pepto



It's safe to say.. I'm a nerd and LOVE my babies.
You can follow them on their very own instagram account below: 





9 comments:

  1. I fall apart when it comes to animals. I think its because the depend on us so much and they can't tell us what hurts that it just breaks my heart. Every time I see a sick or hurt animal I think about my lil pup and how much it would hurt me if that happened to him, and I start balling. I used to be tough about things like that, but now my fiance jokes about what it will be like when we have children. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your babies but glad they seem to be doing better! I am totally an animal person too... About 2 years ago I decided to start volunteering at the city animal shelter and it was the best decision I've ever made although it has started to make me dislike people lol

    Hope your babies continue to feel better :)

    Justine
    www.lifeasabaltimoregirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Putting an animal down is never easy. At the end of this summer we had to put my mom 16 year old cocker spaniel down and it was one of the hardest thing I ever had to do. I was holding her while the doctors were putting her to sleep. I think we sometimes like animals much more than humans because they don't ever do anything to hurt our feelings (except when you are feeling really cuddly and all your dog wants to do it chew her bone..then it hurts a little) but all they do is love us and comfort us. I would much rather lay around with my dog on the couch some days than be around any human and I am completely okay with that.

    http://girltalk2015.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to here your baby is better...animals are everything.
    I too believe I care more about animals. Ever since I was little I never cried when a human died or got hurt in the movies, but every time it's a dog I am just heart broken. I'll never forget how sad I was losing my child hood dog, I'll always miss the guy.

    raymond-rader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your fur baby is doing better. I love my pets (Bailey, a border collie and Itty Bitty Kitty, mane coon cat.) I hate when either of them are sick it breaks my heart. I seriously think I like animals more than a lot of humans..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am the same way! I get more sad in movies/tv shows if something happens to a dog or animal rather than a person. I hope your babies are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOSH HOW SCARY!!! I can't even imagine. and PS I love the title of this post! I think it's safe to say I feel 100% the same way. PS- I nominated you for a blog award. Check out my page to see it :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad they're ok! I didn't even know you could give your pups Pepto, I'm definitely going to remember that if our guys ever get sick again. I completely agree that I like my dogs more than people. It sounds so awful, but I really do. They're my best friends.

    Kam
    anchorsbowsandadoxie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment my blog & will do my best to respond to each and every one of you! :) xoxo Lisa Nicole ♥
Please follow my social media accounts
>> facebook// twitter //etsy <<