Thursday, September 11, 2014

7.12.14 {The Morning Of: Getting Ready}

I can remember dreaming about my wedding day ever since I was a little girl.  I had my best girls stay the night with me at the hotel.  We woke up bright and early and my Maid of Honor went to grab us Starbucks before prepping for the day.  When we woke up, it was slightly cloudy, but it was the type of clouds that you knew would shortly pass.  You could see the blue tucked right behind them.  I knew instantly that it was going to be a beautiful day.  After enjoying our Starbucks, I showered and washed my hair eager to get my hair and makeup started.



I had the hair stylist arrive around 8am to start doing the girls hair, and I had one my best friends do my hair and makeup. (After having so many makeup trials, I felt the most confident with her doing my hair and makeup.  Not only that , but I trusted her to take her time and to do the perfect job).


I was surprisingly extremely calm the morning of the wedding.  I felt relaxed and didn't have anything to really stress about.  I really took the time to take everything in and enjoy every moment.   The night before, I gave my girls their gifts, which included a personalized coral robe I purchased from Wedding Prep Gals to get ready in (each of them had their initials on the front) and I gifted them a bracelet to wear with their bridesmaids dresses which I ordered from Etsy. While sipping champagne the entire morning, we had so much fun laughing, dancing, and goofing off.  One of my bridesmaids started twerking, and I am so glad the photographer caught it on camera.  






My coordinator came in to tell the bridesmaids to get their dresses on so they could help me into my wedding dress shortly after.  I had my maid of honor deliver hubby-to-be's gifts from me which consisted of socks that read "In case you get cold feet, " a frame with a photo of us that said "To the Moon and Back, Always & Forever," which is what I say very often to him.  I also gifted him a personalized golf bag with his name with his favorite color: Red, and a pass to go golfing at a private course.
 
So I don't know much about baseball gloves, but his brother gifted him a really rad rare glove he was able to have made.. which was really neat.




I received a text that morning from hubby to be, with the sweetest words a girl can get.  About how excited he was to marry me, and see me walk down the aisle.  It was truly sweet.





While the girls enjoyed the big and beautiful bridal suites, the boys had a room on the complete opposite side of ours. Of course they had their personalized flasks which was one of the gifts B gave his groomsman, and the obvious adult beverages in red cups.  So classy.



Needless to say, he was very pleased with his gifts and he felt so bad for not getting me anything, which I really wasn't expecting anything.  He has given me more than I could have asked for.  That and, he's a guy and most guys don't really know to give a gift unless someone would have mentioned it. I also enjoy seeing the expressions on his face and giving him things that make him happy (which in return makes me happy).

It was finally that time.  The time to put on your wedding dress for the first time on your wedding day.  My dress probably took about thirty to forty minutes to get on.  Mostly because it was a corset back, so each and every tie had to be put through the loops a certain way.  That and stepping into the dress and snugging it up and around the hips.. that was a fun one.













All photos taken by Michael Jonathan Studios

 Stay Tuned! Next Wedding Post: The Dress & Details

 

8 comments:

  1. I love how sweet getting ready pics are, and your dresses are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! Love your dress and and the wedding colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm having my girls stay with me in a suite before too!! glad to know that's a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your shoes! I also felt completely relaxed on our wedding day. My husband was very nervous though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look absolutely stunning! love seeing all of the photos of you big day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS photos! I love your gift of a personalized golf bag for your hubby, so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw love these pix- so beautiful! and your SHOES!!! swooning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the getting ready photos! They are too dang cute & adorable... I just love those little small moments captured!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment my blog & will do my best to respond to each and every one of you! :) xoxo Lisa Nicole ♥
Please follow my social media accounts
>> facebook// twitter //etsy <<