Friday, July 25, 2014

Guest Post: Mary

Hey Y'all!  I'm Mary, the girl behind, Eat Drink & Be Mary.  I'm a girl in her twenties who recently graduated college, and am now learning to love long distance.  A coffee loving, DIY crafting, recipe trying, legging wearing, Instagram obsessed, aspiring teacher and Christian.  Just trying to find my place in this "big girl" world, one blog post at a time.  You can often find me raving about a recipe I recently tried, an outfit I got a great deal on, or just a hodge podge of what's on my mind lately.  Pour a cup of coffee, pull up a chair & stick around for what I'm super excited to share with you today...



Now I know we've all seen different tutorials for the infamous sock bun.  But don't you dare click away yet.  This is not the average tutorial!  


We're well into Summer, and the days are long & HOT!  I love having long hair, but somedays it's just too darn hot to not pull up.  But in the summer I want a hair do that is quick & requires little-to-no heat (ain't nobody got time to add more heat into the mixture on a summer day)!  In comes the SOCK BUN to save the day.  And what do I do when I found an even easier way to master something?  I run and share it on the interwebs...


This tutorial includes no actual sock (despite the name) & is the easiest way to master this bun!  I learned how to do this EASY sock bun from my dance teacher, and have loved it ever since.  Gone are the days that I struggle with that dern sock in my hair trying to get an even, circular bun.  Anddddd your hair doesn't have to be incredibly long to master this up-do.


What you'll need: This bun donut & a handful of bobby pins.  
Optional: If you need to texture/dirty up your hair put some mousse, hairspray, and/or tease your hair before starting.





Let's begin...
Step 1: Put your hair in a pony tail.




Step 2: Place the donut around the ponytail.




Step 3: Separate your ponytail in half, and pull the top part up.




Step 4: Spread your hair around until the donut is completely covered, and secure with a hair tie.




Step 5: Take ends of hair (in sections) and twirl them around the bun, securing with several bobby pins. I separated my hair into 3 different sections.



Step 6: Hairspray away at that bad boy.  TA-DA!!








There you have it a quick and easy way to style your hair this summer that looks professional and cute!  Is this not the easiest tutorial you've seen yet?  What is your favorite summer hair do?  Are you a "sock" bun fan?

 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! It's so easy to do, perfect for these hot, Summer months.

      Delete
  2. Super cute! Looks perfect for some hot and humid Florida summer nights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute!! I have been looking for ways to spice up the sock bun... definitely going to have to try this!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment my blog & will do my best to respond to each and every one of you! :) xoxo Lisa Nicole ♥
Please follow my social media accounts
>> facebook// twitter //etsy <<