Monday, April 17, 2017

The Bump Diaries | Week 11-14


As soon as we found out we were expecting I cut out coffee cold turkey.  As an avid coffee drinker, this was no easy task and I of course had some major headaches for the first couple of days. Now, I don't really crave it anymore and the headaches have passed.  The first 12 weeks of my pregnancy was not the easiest. I'm one of the "lucky" ones that got morning sickness. (By the way... morning sickness for me lasted ALL day. The fact they call it  "morning" sickness makes me laugh. ) I decided to piece together a few weeks rather than doing them all separately since we told our families and finally announced to the world (aka facebook)at 14 weeks. Also I figured I'll do the rest of the week by week posts now that I'm starting to feel like a real human again. haha.

Due Date: October 2, 2017


Size of Baby:
Week 11 - Lime (1.6 inches)
Week 12 - Plum (2.13 inches)
Week 13 - Peach (2.9 inches)
Week 14 - Lemon (3.9 inches)



Symptoms: Up until week 12 I had morning "all day" sickness. I've had some major food aversions. My favorite foods that I once loved, no longer sound appealing. Such as steak and shrimp. I even have to close my eyes when a commercial comes on with a photo of steak. It makes me sick even thinking about it. I also have to eat smaller portions because I get full so fast. I've been emotional over the silliest things. My sense of smell is heightened, which has been a huge annoyance. The strongest smells have been making me super nauseous. I've also been super exhausted. I've been taking naps on my lunch break at work, and then lay down as soon as I get home and in bed by 8pm.

Eating Mostly: Fruits, peach yogurt, cereal.
Can't stand: Steak, Shrimp,


Gender: We go in for my next appointment April 21, and I am hoping we find out the gender then. I am wanting a gender reveal party, and want the Dr. to keep it a secret and give it to my friend to help plan that way all the guests, including my husband and I will find out the gender at the same time!
Name: We're waiting until after we find out the gender to start picking names.


Movement: Still too early. Haven't felt anything yet.


Nursery: We sold our guestroom bed and bed frame a few weeks ago, now we need to clear out the dresser and sell it. I also need to start going through the closet and getting rid of things. We plan to get all the carpets cleaned before purchasing anything for the nursery.
Maternity Clothes: Well it's official, I can no longer button any of my regular jeans and pants. The first purchase  made was for maternity jeans, and MAN are they comfortable.
I want to live in them. (And I pretty much do)  I've also been eyeing some maternity dresses since the weathers been so nice here in California. I'll be shopping this weekend for some new outfits! (And also getting rid of a lot of clothes on Poshmark /Ebay/Thredup/Salvation Army)
Sleep: No complaints here - I have been able to fall asleep at any time, anywhere. (I am wanting to get one of the Bumpnest pillows though!)


Mood: Been pretty happy and calm. Just emotional at silly things lately. Like looking at a lemon tree and realizing how beautiful it is. Yea.. That happened.

Looking forward to: May!  So many good things are happening! Hoping our gender reveal will be planned for May, We have another Dr. appt. in May, and I was invited to the Mother's Day Special at the Ellen Show! (On the downside, I also have Jury Duty.)


Husband is: Noticing the bump more and more every day (Baby is definitely popping out). 


5 comments:

  1. Looking awesome momma! And girl the all day sickness and food aversions are no joke! I know it's just an old wives tale, but I'm thinking girl since my lil' princess gave me the same symptoms. And look at you quitting coffee! Since it's safe to still enjoy up to 2 cups a day, I never gave it up. But I longed for my champagne, 9 months without bubbles was no easy feat! Can't wait to hear the gender reveal <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful! And yes - I had ALL DAY sickness both times with my boys through 14 weeks. I was almost bed-ridden with my first son because I couldn't stand the smells, and everything was so heightened. I didn't give up coffee - I drank two cups a day, but I did half decaf, half full caff, and that kept me sane ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I hope you start to feel better soon! Thanks so much for stopping by the blog! I'm excited to find your page and follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you found my blog! I love finding other pregnant mama bloggers to follow and read about their experiences too! Glad you're out of the "all day sickness" trimester and now you can just enjoy the pregnancy. I totally had meat aversions and since that's one of those old wives' tales my hubby was convinced that meant we were having a girl (by his logic what boy doesn't like bacon?) lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! You look so cute with your little baby bump! It sounds like May is going to be so much fun (except for the jury duty). That's so awesome that you're going to the Mother's Day Special on Ellen!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment my blog & will do my best to respond to each and every one of you! :) xoxo Lisa Nicole ♥
Please follow my social media accounts
>> facebook// twitter //etsy <<