Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Top 5 Things To Love About Your State



No matter where you are from, I bet you can find 5 things to love about your state.  Link up and tell us what you love about where you are from!


Top 5 Things I Love About California



The Weather - Okay so this is obviously a no-brainer.  It rarely ever rains.  The weather stays above 75 about 90% of the year.  What's not to love?  I love laying being able to layout in February soaking up some sun.
There is ALWAYS Something To Do - The beach is only 20 minutes away (@ least from where I'm from), Vegas is a short 3 hour drive, If I want snow, the mountains are about 45 minutes away,  LA is 30 minutes, Hollywood is about 45-1hr (traffic blows of course).  San Diego is an hour and a half drive.  We've got plenty of zoo's. Disneyland is 20 minutes away, Universal studios is about 45 minutes.   Need I say more?   Literally anything you can imagine, we've got it all right here.  Oh and San Francisco of course!
The Fashion - With LA being so close, you can find the best fashion anywhere. (Even without breaking the budget)  The trends come out to Cali before most states so you have a chance to get a head start.
Disneyland - Ok so this was also mentioned in "there is always something to do," but because we live so close to Disneyland, we have annual passes.  So whenever we have nothing to do, we go for a few hours and head home.  We love going, and it never gets old. (at least to us)
You Can Wear Sandals Almost Year-round -  This also goes with the whole weather thing, but seriously who wants to wear boots all-the-time?  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love pulling my boots out of my closet for a month or so, but sandals are just so dang comfortable; easy on, easy off.  
- - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - -  
Fun Facts About California You May Not Already Know:
1. California was originally known as the Bear State. As California boomed—and the bear population was wiped out—it became the Golden State.
2.  California is the only state that's hosted both the Summer and Winter Olympics
3.  California's most famous for its Gold Rush in 1849, but it also had a Silver Rush in the Calico Mountains from 1881 to 1896.
4. California has the best produce in the nation (fact).
5. There are 3 NFL Teams. (Raiders, 49ers, Charger)
6. We in California "claim our area codes."  We act like it's our identity.
Like the 818, 714, 909.  Trust me.. we seriously do. 
California has absolutely the best produce in the nation and that's fact.
Read more at http://www.rantlifestyle.com/2014/01/18/20-things-nobody-tells-moving-southern-california/#e6IrPpl6Sd6j8fdz.99
California has absolutely the best produce in the nation and that's fact. You have grown up with strawberries the size of your fist that taste like sugar. You know what a jicama is and why it rules. You've never had to ripen an avocado after you buy it. Your cilantro is always green. Jalapenos are 99 cents for two pounds, and never have blemishes.
Read more at http://www.rantlifestyle.com/2014/01/18/20-things-nobody-tells-moving-southern-california/#e6IrPpl6Sd6j8fdz.99
California has absolutely the best produce in the nation and that's fact. You have grown up with strawberries the size of your fist that taste like sugar. You know what a jicama is and why it rules. You've never had to ripen an avocado after you buy it. Your cilantro is always green. Jalapenos are 99 cents for two pounds, and never have blemishes.
Read more at http://www.rantlifestyle.com/2014/01/18/20-things-nobody-tells-moving-southern-california/#e6IrPpl6Sd6j8fdz.99





GroopDealz.com

Also, if you could do me a HUGE favor and spread the word to help my boss's son who has muscular dystrophy:  Urge the FDA to Say YES to Accelerated Approval for safe, effective therapies for children with Duchenne, sign the petition:  http://wh.gov/lEfaZ



9 comments:

  1. LOVE this! I moved from a state that didn't have much to love about it (CT) to a state that has sooo much to love (FL)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, Cali is pretty amazing!! I live in Santa Monica so I feel like there is even more to LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!!
    I also love Michigan, might be linking up. c:

    <3
    Harlynn
    mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally wish I could wear sandals all year around. This winter was rough and I miss my flip flops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all VERY true things! California rocks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE THIS! I would absolutely love to live up in California! Most of my cousins live there, and the weather is such a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally agree and love CA! 818. Woot woot. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this topic idea! My husband says when he travels to CA for work that they have the best produce! :) I totally wish I could wear sandals year round! Although sometimes it's nice to just throw on boots in the winter and not care what your toes look like! Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fun post idea! I live in Oklahoma and there are so many things that I really do love about it!

    I visited Cali for the first time this past September and I think I fell in love :) I can definitely see why you love it so much!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment my blog & will do my best to respond to each and every one of you! :) xoxo Lisa Nicole ♥
Please follow my social media accounts
>> facebook// twitter //etsy <<