Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wedding Q+A With Meredith




Today I have Meredith from Belle in Boots stopping by for my wedding series!  I wanted to schedule her post on a Wednesday since she is the host of Wedding Wednesday as well!
NC Belle In Boots 
I have always adored her blog, she is so sweet and her wedding was gorgeous! 
I bet it's so fun to relive that special day by blogging about it. I can't wait to do that!

When did you get married?
October 5, 2013

How did you meet? 
We met in February 2007, during my sophomore year of college, he was casually dating and I was coming off a bad break up.  We were introduced though my roommate Haley.

Engagement Story:
We were engaged, October 12, 2012 at Chimney Rock Park.  I'd taken the day off from work and we were going to visit the park on our way to Asheville for a wedding.  Since we were taking the dog and planned to hike, I dressed in my finest nike shorts and a t-shirt and a pair of old tennis shoes. Brandon kept asking if that's what I was going to wear and I kept telling him yes, why wouldn't I.  We arrived and hiked to the top, after looking around and taking a few photos he asked if we should take one of us.  Sure I replied and attempted to do the long arm selfies.  He suggested we ask one of the other people around us to take a photo so I found a teenage girl and asked her.  I turned around and walked back to Brandon and as I got ready to pose for the photo, he looked at me and asked if "I'd like to wear this (the ring) in the photo" 
What was the one thing you were most passionate about?
My dress, I wanted something unique that didn't cost a fortune.  It was the only thing I really shopped around for, we visited 6 or 7 dress shops before I finally settled on a dress and then it took me an additional trip back to order it.  I still love my dress and veil and would love to put it on again!!! 


How many bridesmaids did you have? How did you go about choosing them?
4, I wanted a small bridal party and Brandon and I both agreed on 4 people each that were important to us.  I chose my cousin Heather, my college sorority little sister and friend Lacey, my sorority pledge sister Chantal, and my lifelong friend Julie.  Each one of these girls played an important part in my life over the years and I was honored to have them say Yes!

Spill some deets that went on. We wanna hear drama:
Our wedding was at the church I grew up at, that my entire family still attends.  We also held the reception there for travel purposes and cost savings.  Because of this we'd told all our friends it would obviously be an alcohol free wedding. I expected the groomsmen to consume a little in the parking lot, that I could handle.  During the reception I walked outside (where we had people seated, eating) to find the groommen and other guys walking across the yard carrying RED SOLO CUPS. It was so obvious what they were doing. I stormed over to find them handing Brandon a cup, I could have died right there.  I got so mad!

What was your color scheme, and what made you choose it?
Navy blue and green. Even though we were having a fall wedding, those colors were far from my mind.  I wanted something that wouldn't be to dated in 20 years and those colors seem timeless to me.
What was your favorite thing about your wedding day?
My wedding day went so smooth. The weather was 85 and sunny, perfect.  The service was short and sweet, no tears.  Our food was amazing and people are still taking about the hash-brown casserole. As Brandon and I walked out of the Church following the ceremony, I turned to him and said "well, that was easy, why did we wait so long"  

What was the most stressful thing about your wedding day?
Not having someone 'take care of me'.  I know that sounds bridezilla-ish, but I didn't hire a wedding planner.  Everyone did the roles they were assigned to that day but I had to ask someone to bustle my dress and it wasn't done right. I had to find my cake lady and tell her I was ready to cut the cake.  Little things like that, that I'm sure no one else even noticed but caused me a lot of stress.  I felt like I was running my wedding and being the Bride which I shouldn't have had to be both.

If you could do it all over again, what would you do differently?
Hire a wedding day only planner or better instruct people of my plans and schedule for the day.  I would also have made a photo request list for my photographer.   

What's your best piece of advice for future brides out there?
Make your wedding yours, don't feel pressured to do what someone else did.  Set your budget and work within it, the day of our wedding everything was paid for, newlywed life can be stressful and you don't need to start out with money arguments.  Also for us, the decision to eat our meal away from our guests was great, we got to enjoy our meal and a few minutes alone before going out to see everyone.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks so much Meredith for being a part of my series! Your wedding was beautiful! What a special day!
I love all of the little details that went along with planning the wedding! So unique and special!
Love the details in the lace of your wedding dress! Fabulous!

Also if you haven't already signed up to be a part of the Wedding Bloggers Connect you can do so now!
P.S. you don't have to be married yet to be a part! I'm welcoming all things wedding related!


Showered With Design - Wedding Bloggers

10 comments:

  1. Love those shoes and the details on the wedding dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an awesome link up girly! Loved it!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the bridesmaid dresses! Especially the neck line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading about other people's weddings! You look beautiful. I'm having an outdoor wedding this summer, so I hope that I'm as lucky with the weather as you were!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy moley those shoes are absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love these. and those are great pics. and i love the colors.

    come join the blog hop challenge. http://hotpinkowl02.blogspot.com/2014/02/blog-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Her dress was absolutely stunning! Love all the DIY aspects!

    champagneandsuburbs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment my blog & will do my best to respond to each and every one of you! :) xoxo Lisa Nicole ♥
Please follow my social media accounts
>> facebook// twitter //etsy <<